"You tell me what you want and I'll be that for you!"

Friday, August 05, 2005

sentimental

ok... perhaps i have been too sentimental these past few days... remembering the retreat i had with the people i feel so attached to... i think i really have it bad! but for one last time to reminicse this great event in my life for this year... let me have it this way...

Mark and I were having our morning walk across the boundaries of the retreat house after a heavy breakfast. we were talking seriously about what happened the night before, "hawak ko nga yung bimpo ko tapos ganito ako o... *punching two knuckles together*" "hahahah!!! nervous ka!!!" right... i was nervous... "bili tayo cookies dun sa..." nature was the only thing around us... it surrounded us and i felt like we were lost, but we were not. when we returned, "mark! mysh! picture kayo!" we had our picture taken by Kathy Go. then the mass... readings, songs, offertories, and so it goes... last songs... "at the beginning", "if we hold on together"... we cried... no, they cried... i have no more tears that time because all my tears were dried up from the night before... then we went on the bus... on to our merry way back to sj... Maxi and I were sitting beside each other, having my haro with me, we slept on the ride home...

imagine if we were still in fourth year... imagine if we were still up in Tagaytay... imagine if we were still crying our hearts out... imagine if nothing changed... imagine if we hadn't move on...

we would still be in our high school uniforms, polo and green pants for the guys and long sleeves with neck tie and green skirt for the gals... we would still be wearing our ids instead of keeping them inside our wallets... we would still be asked to cut our fingernails and for the boys to have their haircut... we would still be suffering in loads full of Chinese to memorize... we would still be wearing our school pins... we would still be having lunch in the same fifth floor with our peers which is now installed with electric fans... we would still be with each other...

time flies and things change... i changed a lot since our retreat... my outlook in life... my feelings for the people around me... my faith... my trust in people... almost eveything changed... i grew...

there's a lot of things that has happened after our retreat, you guys took the upcat the weekend after our retreat, then other college entrance exams followed, admu, dlsu, ustet and csb... then the speechfest... the sportsfest... the last mass... the last lunch... the final periodical tests in sj... the pre-graduation mass... the graduation... the summer outings... gosh, and we went our separate ways...

i still can't get over the fact that we're now in college... busy with our own scheds... meeting new friends... in contact thru e-mail, phone or text messages only... we don't see each other's faces each and everyday... i don't have the chance to give you guys some of my home baked pastries... meeting some people once a week only or sometimes even none...

here's my message to my fellow batchmates:
even though time and distance keeps us apart, you will always be number one in my heart... as one friend once told me... "hindi na ako magbbye kahit kelan..." i will always be here for you guys... miss ya all!

No comments: