"You tell me what you want and I'll be that for you!"

Sunday, February 12, 2006

long post syndrome

wah! tagal ko na pala hindi nagpopost... it's either lack of time, too much fun times or too much worry times... oh well... or maybe they are just my "me" time kaya tagal na ako hindi nagpopost... 1 week exact ata... pero i changed the layout na naman e :D

oh well, long post syndrome... why so? last night i was browsing thru some "judenites" because i was hoping to find some things to help me with the layout of MEMo... what i arrived at was our batch's last newspaper... our batch's last win in sportsfest... oh well, of course that is a happy occassion, getting to celebrate another victory with my batch mates for the 5th time... we're all proud of that! but the articles containing stuff about college entrance exams, graduating and retreats won't be disregarded... in fact, that edition of the judenites was more than just a news worthy paper but in fact, something much more... something deeper and something worth keeping and reading over and over again.

i was told that the phase i went thru just when i started entering DLSU was momentary and that i will leave it all in the past as the time goes by... that by the end of the first term, the dragging first term, i will not feel that anymore... well, they're wrong... i miss my high school life... the classes, the recess, lunch breaks, the CAT, the place, the projects, performances, the teachers and specially my friends and batch mates... the more i thought about growing up, the more i want to return to SJCS, my only alma mater. as Catherine Dellosa's article said, i was foolish enough not to look at all the cracks and stuff in the halls of SJCS... i didn't know i would miss it this much though.. that i will never be happy with my college life even though some new friends and old friends are in my life right now... there i go again being all silly because on march 30, it will be officially one year since i hid my green and white uniforms and stash them somewhere in the house... i miss wearing my leather shoes and my cuff links... i miss sitting down at the 4-A classroom and looking at the dark empty room every morning... it is still said to be resided by a ghost, but i don't mind... the company of the ghost every morning is what soothes my soul. it's hard to believe that i took one last step in SJCS as a student... i guess you will never know what means to you until it is gone... right? you might as well say that i took my alma mater for granted so much that i am missing it terribly so... or maybe i am just attached to old memories that always come shouting at me whenever i returned to the quiet halls of SJCS... i miss looking over the Pasig river from the 3rd floor or the 5th floor too... i guess things have undergo a tremendous change since we left SJCS... i know, i was just there during the fair.

as for the retreat, my teambuilding experience with SME was nothing compared to our retreat... even though i admit, i had much more fun during the teambuilding because i get to try out a lot of new stuffs like rappelling, hiking and even watching the sunset on a cliff... but still, our retreat was much more heart warming for me... i enjoyed it a lot... no, the fact that mobile signal was very low in tanay, rizal doesn't have anything to do with it... maybe the close bonds i have with the people was the big factor there...

i guess all these things just went back to me because of a newspaper... and guess what, i have found the perfect layout for the MEMo edition! so, SME members, watch out for the release of MEMo on March 10! it will officially be our, (me, my avp marlon and the rest of the staffers) first release!

No comments: