"You tell me what you want and I'll be that for you!"

Saturday, December 03, 2005

sme leadership seminar

ok, i have stopped thinking for awhile... stopped thinking about what i thought was my life anyway... and came to think about the so called more important stuff to me... what is my decision?

i have just attended our org',sme, leadership seminar. here's something i picked up from it, i have to set a vision and a mission in life. of all the things that we were asked to do awhile ago, the one i found the hardest to do was to give myself an award and my motto in life. here's something that came to mind that was a pretty scary thought... am i doing the right thing? is my decision to enter DLSU-Manila and take my course in bachelor of science in manufacturing engineering and management with specialization in mechatronics and robotics the right decision? is it the course for me? is it what i really want? is my future there? or do i even have an idea what might be in store for me? i could have easily entered UST with a course in computer science or maybe if i took the entrance test in CSB, i might be able to walk in and out of Angelo King everyday and lead an easy college life. i have been thinking about this for a thousand times already... why do i always have to doubt what i have decided on? from th moment i saw my brother's DLSU application form, i told myself that i will enter DLSU thru the course comp eng or mem-mr or com sci... either of the three. i decided upon it and now, why am i feeling this pang of emotions, resent and doubt? am i really right for this course? or should i renew my schedule and drop all the major courses to shift next year? why is life unfair?

what is my mission in life? what is my vision? do i even have a purpose to live? what are my priorities in life? what is my goal? i guess i have the true characeristics of a gemini after all... i have been interested in a lot of things that at first i am so excited about it but after a short time, i got tired and just left it there. and now, because of all the possibilities opened to me because of all the opportunities shown and exposed to me, i don't really know what i want... i don't know my mission nor my vision. mission vision, this is the thing i came across and really had a hard time looking for the right answer... until now, i still really don't know what i want to do with my life...

let's see... what i want in life really is to settle down, have a good life together with someone i love and loves me back... what then is my mission? i still don't know after 18 years of living, i guess i really don't know what i want to do and have been spending my life aimlessly and jus wasting it by having all those momentary fun in life... looking back to my past, i can say that i have done nothing to change anything, i have done nothing to attain a goal... i have done nothing to help anyone... i have done nothing for myself. wow, this is some confession! what i want in the future... is something i really need to think about within this weekend. what my goals are, what my mission is, and what i will have to do to fulfill all those... if i found out what the answers are to all these questions, then i will live my life accordingly.

by the way, after some time, i finally found my motto... the sky's the limit... and the award i want? stars. why's that? the sky's the limit is to motivate me that even though i failed at one thing (which i really am so scared about btw) i can stand up once again and reach for the sky... and that i have a lot of things that i can still do. my award, stars, has a really simple meaning behind it. it simply means that i want to accomplish many many things, much more than an ordinary human can. just like the stars, i want my accomplishments to be countless and not just countless but also priceless...

Happy Birthday Shoti Scott!

No comments: