"You tell me what you want and I'll be that for you!"

Saturday, August 06, 2011

x-x-x

Denial, Acceptance, Coping Up and Moving on. I know, I know… what?! But that's the topic I have been talking about the whole day, so let's just go on with it.

1. Breaking up is a normal occurrence.
2. Nothing in life is perfect, things don't always go our way.
3. People move on.
4. Things change. and
5. You have have to accept all these in order to move on yourself.

I know, I'm probably the worst person to "preach" about this. I'm not even the slightest romantic or sweet person when it comes to relationships and I'm positively not an expert at moving on. (read previous entries) But I learn from the past, I learn from my mistakes and the mistakes of others. So I kinda know how things go.

Being friends with your ex is crap and there is no such thing as closure! Being civil is one thing, being back to what you had before is another thing. When you look for closure or an explanation on why things happened, it just means you're still not over it. You're still clinging on to what is gone and you're still hoping for something to return or happen. Well, sad truth, when you want to move on, you simply have to let go. You can't go around stalking your ex, talking to his or her new partner about things… you simply can't. What do you care about them? You don't have the right to tell them to be or not to be together. Your ex doesn't have to have your permission to get into another relationship cause YOU DON'T OWN THEM!!! You just have to accept the fact that the person has moved on from you and has found another human being who can make them happy or forget about you. Yes, rebounds count.

Now, how do you cope with things? Whether it be the cliche "find someone new", enjoy your friends' company, see a shrink or simply be alone, different people have different ways of coping with sadness or worst, depression. I can't say anything much about this cause you just have to know yourself in order to know how you cope up with things.

After much thought on the topic, move on. Simply return to being normal, enjoying things and just realize that you, and your happiness, is more important than ANY human being.

No comments: