"You tell me what you want and I'll be that for you!"

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hey Dear,

I'm doing fine thank you very much… Since you've left, I've been spending more time at home, more time resting and more time stressing out on all the adult responsibilities that I should have been taking care of even when you were still here… 

All my life, I have been an adult. You know this, you were the one who gave me the heaviest responsibility of all, to take care of my brother. Yes, I still remember this. And ever since I entered my Alma Mater, this is all that has been enforced on me. Now that my brother is not even on my side, this is still a continuous responsibility that I have to bear. This is inescapable already, it's like it's my fate and the reason I was born.

But hey, I don't mind it that much since this sole responsibility showed me how to be independent. Along with, of course, the days at the office where I had to do all the things that everyone else is doing with equal capabilities even though they are much much older than me, and all the expectations that everyone has of me ever since I was a child. These expectations are really not going away, in fact, they've accumulated over the years. Sure, they are pressuring me and are haunting me in every step of the way, but once I have achieve one of them, I feel very much proud of myself.

Hey dear, I never realized that I would miss you this much… as in every waking moment and every minute I spend outside my room, every time that I am walking out of the main door, and every time I come back home. You have been a big part of my life and have been a big influence on me. I will surely save you a special place on all the important events that will come in my life in the future. 

Thanks dear… 

No comments: